the three of us

Friday, March 5, 2010

Where my journey started..

I don't think I can ever forget the day that Jess called me and told me she had cancer. I was sitting on the couch playing with Carter and was so excited she called me! I knew instantly that there was something wrong, but I wasn't prepared for what she was about to tell me. When she told me that she was having a biopsy and that they thought it was cancer, I literally almost dropped my baby. I remember going upstairs and practically throwing him at Jd and going in our room and sitting on the edge of the bed, and with tears streaming down my face I promised her it would be ok. I'm sure my voice didn't convince her, I could hear my voice shaking and as I hung up the phone I lost it. This was unfair, we're young, we can't be dealing with this already. Maybe when we are 40 but 26? This is a scene that I know happens across America every day, with thousands of women. I know I'm not the first best friend to witness her friend go through surgery, chemo, and all that comes with the big C. I knew that I would see her body physically change, loss of hair, being ill from chemo.. but I never knew I would see my best friend turn into my hero. I am so proud to call her my hero and best friend, and in her name I am walking 60 miles with my two best friends to hopefully help stop this disease. Please support us in the next few months, financially, with prayers and positive thoughts sent our way!! :) We love you all!! Thank you for whatever you can do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment