the three of us

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A reflective weekend

This weekend in Columbus is always powerful. The annual Race for The Cure. Thousands of people unite and turn down town into a sea of pink. I have participated in the race for 7 years, and it has been a journey. The first year we were able to participate with Martha, it was raining and gross but it was amazing. The following years we ran in memory of her, I remember seeing Lisa, Jessica's Mom and she was limping from the drug treatment.. but she was so strong. Nothing could hold her back, not even this stupid disease. There must be something that makes you super-woman when you fight this disease, because now I see it in Jessica too. A determined attitude, you will not bring her down. It's a powerful thing to stand next to women like this, it spreads and soon everyone around them is believing in a cure, believing in hope. I'm not sure what the future will hold, but at least I can say I have tried to make a difference. I won't stop until there is a cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment